Saturday, May 10, 2008

Long time no-write

Hi Everyone,

I haven't written in a couple weeks.  I was having blog withdrawl!  Well, I am finally getting around to posting new photos.  We have been visiting with lots of people in the past couple of weeks.  First, we went to a barbecue at my brother's house a couple weekends ago which my other brother, Mom, Dad, Grandma Squair and Auntie Dorothy all attended.  That same weekend our friends Jen and Stu with their kids, Kenzie and baby Duke came for dinner.  Then I went to my parents' house last weekend and the girls and I went to my friend Tammie's twins' 4th birthday party.  That same weekend Ken's sister Debbie visited us from Quesnel and then on the Sunday we went to our friends, Teresa and Dave's house for dinner.   This weekend Jessie, Makenna's Birth Mother, is visiting from Edmonton.  I guess you can say we are keeping busy:)

Anyways, the girls are doing well.   Makenna now smiles regularly which is so much fun.  Her whole  face lights up and we love it.  Anika has graduated from her Ducks swimming class and is now in the Jellyfish group.  She still loves Makenna and now I think it is going to stick (knock on wood).  Anika likes to give her hugs and kisses and if Makenna begins to fuss she automatically rocks her car seat or gives her a soother.  It is too funny to see.  Anika seems so mature beyond her years when she so naturally takes care of Makenna without any coaching from me.  Anika still calls Makenna her friend and we hope that lasts forever:)

Enjoy the photos,




Makenna


Ken and Makenna


Makenna (held by Jessie)


Jessie feeding Makenna


Jessie burping Makenna


Kenzie and Anika playing hide and seek.  Kenzie knows she is supposed to cover something...  :)


Nikki has now taken to Makenna.  She got up and laid next to Makenna the other day.


Anika at Callum and Julia's 4th Birthday party.  This isn't even all the kids!


Anika eating birthday cake


Makenna sleeping on Tammie's Mom's shoulder at the birthday party

Makenna


Anika doing a back float during her last lesson as a Duck


Makenna smiling at my Mom and Dad's house


Ken's sister, Debbie, holding Makenna and Anika


Makenna hanging out on the play mat


Makenna all dressed up at my brother's barbecue


Makenna relaxing on my Mom's shoulder


Anika's hair had a little static in it after jumping on my brother's trampoline


My Mom found a good use for the bow from a Purdy's Chocolates box.  Makenna doesn't think it looks very good:)


Makenna


Makenna relaxing on the couch

We hope you enjoyed the photos.  
Love Jennifer, Ken, Anika and Makenna:)

No comments: