Hi All,
It has been a busy and fun summer:) I am very delayed in getting the words attached to these photos!
We had such a sunny summer! It was great going to the beach with friends.
Makenna
Anika
Kenzie and Anika
Makenna
Ashton and Makenna
Makenna and Anika



Makenna
Makenna and Anika trying on Anika's new clothes
Early in the summer I took the girls to Gibsons to visit my parents for a few days while they were babysitting my niece and nephew (Hollie and Trent). It was the only rainy few days of summer! The highlight of the trip was shiner fishing off the government dock and of course picking raspberries from my Dad's big raspberry patch. It was nice for Anika and Makenna to have extended time with their cousins. Of course, I like the sleep ins, naps, yummy food, the help and the good company.
Anika with a shiner
Anika and Hollie shiner fishing
Hollie, Trent and Anika showing their catch for the day
At the very end of June we drove to Quesnel for Crystal's graduation from highschool (Ken's niece). We had not been to Quesnel for many years and definitely not in the summer for a loooong time. I think Crystal was 1 year old last time we went in the summer! Anyways, it was great to see Ken's parents, his sister and of course to Crystal and see her graduation. She looked beautiful:)
Anika and Crystal
Deb (Ken's sister), Lew (Ken's Dad), Chris (Crystal's boyfriend), Doris (Ken's Mom), Crystal, Jennifer, Anika and Ken.
Anika and Crystal
Ken and Anika
Crystal and Ken
Anika trying on Crystal's graduation hat
Jennifer, Makenna, and Anika wading off the dock in Ken's parents' front yard
Later in the summer I took the girls to Splashdown Waterslides with my parents and my neice and nephew( Hollie and Trent). At the beginning, I had to go down the kiddie slides with both girls. That was a bit tricky. I put a life jacket on Anika and she started to get more confident. Makenna ended up sleeping for a couple of hours and so I got to go on the medium and big slides with Anika. By the end of the day she was doing the medium slides all by herself. I just waited at the bottom. It was so much fun!
Hollie ready to catch Anika. Jennifer and Makenna sliding after and Trent.
Hollie ready to help Anika, with Trent, Makenna and Jennifer right behind.
Anika going solo down a medium sized slide
It seems that most of our summer we were in Whistler!
Ken's parents came one weekend in June and early in July I had girlfriends come up to Whistler with their kids. I was worried it might be overwhelming having so many kids up there but the visits were staggered that week and it was so much fun. I will definitely do that again next year:)
Ken took two weeks off of work at the beginning of August. For the first week we had friends from Texas (Amanda and Dan) come with their two boys (aged 9 and 13) and for the second week we had our friends (Naomi and Trent) from Kamloops come with their two boys, Malcolm and Cameron (aged 6 and 4). The kids did a ton of riding around the cul de sac. I did some riding too and I actually swam across the lake and back with Naomi!
The last weekend of the summer holidays my parents and my brother, Bill, and his wife, Marilyn and their two kids, Hollie and Trent (aged 9 and 7) came to Whistler. It was great having the family together. We played lots of cards and had fun.
Makenna and Anika in the chariot
Makenna pushing her car around the cul de sac
Makenna checking out a little car in the village.
She is not happy that it doesn't actually go!
Callum, Anika and Julia riding bikes
Makenna at the park
Makenna strutting her stuff:)
Julia, Anika and Callum enjoying a snack at the beach
Makenna after an ice cream cone
Makenna enjoying a cone
Anika
Anika driving a little car at Blackcomb. She loved it!
Julia, Callum, Anika and Kenzie riding bikes in the cul de sac
Makenna trying out Anika's bike with help from Julia and Ken
Anika riding her bike with training wheels. Anika actually has learned to ride without the training wheels now!
Anika during one of our drives to Whistler.
I think that is chocolate on her face:)
Makenna on one of our drives to Whistler
Makenna hamming it up for the camera
Riley, Anika and Taylor walking to the beach
Taylor, Anika and Riley on their way to the beach
Anika turned 4!! We had a little party here for her with some of her friends and her cousins.
Hollie making balloon creations for the kids
Hollie at her face painting table. She is showing her contract for $5 for the balloon creations and face painting. What a bargain! She was a hit, we will invite her every year!
Anika opening gifts. Hollie read the cards for her as Kenzie, Elliot, Julia and Callum looked on.
Standing - Kenzie, Anika, Callum, Trent
In Front - Ashton, Hollie, Julia, Elliot and Jade.
Anika getting ready to have some of her cake
Anika playing with her doll house she received from Grandma Earwaker on her birthday and wearing the dress Kenzie and Ashton got her for her birthday.

Anika riding her bike with her birthday girl pin
Another weekend, Ken and I took the girls to the Vancouver Zoo. It was great! They love to see animals and we rented a bike to take the girls around in. They sat at the front of the bike in a basket/seat kind of thing. They enjoyed the train ride too:)

Anika actually petted a snake!
Anika, Ken and Makenna resting on a turtle statue
Ken and Makenna on the train
Another day in the summer I took the girls to the PNE. I went at 11am when it opened and we didn't leave until 8:30 or 9pm!! My friend Jen with her two kids (Kenzie and Ashton) came at about 4pm and hung out with us until it started to get dark and we left:) Anika loved the rides and Makenna didn't really notice that Anika was going on them at first because there was so much to see. Then we went to the Super Dogs show which they both loved. Makenna is in LOVE with dogs. She was yelling out, "Dog! Dog!" every time she saw a dog. It was too funny. We had so much fun that we ended up going again on the weekend with Ken:)
Anika having fun on the elephant ride
Anika and Kenzie on the train
Anika posing with a 'real' princess
Anika riding on the carousel with Ken spotting
Ken helping Anika do the hammer game
Anika was soooo happy to get a hammer prize!
Kenzie and Anika chatting with their Dads on the cell phones while drinking a fruity drink and walking through the PNE. Too funny!
It was just a great summer all around. We enjoyed hanging out here in town too:)
Makenna, Anika and Kenzie playing in Kenzie's playhouse
Makenna trying on a tiara
Makenna hamming it up again for the camera
Makenna 'feeding' her baby
Makenna at the park
Anika helping Makenna down the slide. It is so great to see Anika helping Makenna more and more.
Here are some bath time photos at my parent's house.

I took the girls up to my parents' place for a few days and we went out to Catherine Lake one day and then to a beach on the ocean the next day. It was wonderful to get some time at the beach with help from my parents. I actually got to read magazines and do crosswords while hanging out at the beach! I don't really have any good photos from that trip. I guess I was REALLY relaxed:)
Here are some bath time photos at my parent's house.
Makenna
Anika
Makenna
At home Makenna's half brother Lincoln came to visit with his parents, Shannon and Charles, from Bonnieville Alberta. Lincoln is Makenna's Birth Father's first child that Shannon and Charles adopted. Lincoln is a year older than Makenna. They came just for the day on their way to Kelowna. I thought Makenna was full of beans but I think Lincoln beats her out on that one:) It was great to meet them:)
Makenna and Lincoln on a ride on Granville Island
Anika on a ride on Granville Island
Makenna, Anika and Lincoln enjoying a popsicle at Kits Beach
Makenna and Anika watching the pigeons on Granville Island
Anika decided to 'trim' her hair during August. So, we had to get it tidied up by Fatima, Ken's hair dresser. Thankfully, Anika's hair was in a pony tail and so her trim was truly just at the ends of her hair. Fatima was so happy to be doing Anika's first haircut:)
Fatima and Anika
I guess that covers the past couple of months. Sorry it was so long winded. I will try to blog more often so that they are not sooooo long.
We hope you had a great summer.
Love Jennifer, Ken, Anika and Makenna:)
No comments:
Post a Comment