Hi Again,
Well, the summer seems to be over. It was sunny today but the temperature only got up to about 19 or 20 degrees. It was great while it lasted:)
We have quite busy the past few weeks. My Mom and Dad came to Whistler for part of the 2nd week of August. They had a pretty good game of golf up there and Anika enjoyed assembling our wagon with Grandpa and having multiple wagon rides with the neighbour girls up there (Maggie (3) and Georgia (6) - courtesy of Grandpa:) It is such a treat when my parents visit because I get extra help with the girls and organizing/cooking meals and clean up. I also get naps every day which is such a bonus! Thank you Mom and Dad:)
My parents were going to leave the cabin to go home because my brother and his family were going to visit them. Well, we thought it would be great if they could come visit them at the cabin with us. So that is what happened. My brother and his wife, Marilyn, and their two kids, Hollie and Trent, came to visit for the weekend. It was a great fun to have more of the family together.
The next weekend Ken paddled in the Oceanman race which is a swim/paddle/run relay. The girls and I went in the pouring rain and watched him. His team came in 2nd for mixed relay.
Ken's nephew Eric (22) and his girlfriend, Sarah and her brother Matt (all from Quesnel) visited for a couple days the week after. It is great to see them even though they keep pretty busy when they visit:)
We did manage to go for a walk to Rice Lake and do a bit of fly fishing in Lynn Creek with them before they left. Ken caught one fish. I think it was about 3 inches long:) Anika thought it was a great catch!
Last weekend we were in Whistler with friends, Rene and Michelle and their two kids, Sage (3) and Sawyer(6). Anika really enjoyed riding with them on her two wheeler (with training wheels). It didn't matter that it was raining. They were all out there riding around the cul de sac in the rain. In fact they enjoyed the rain a bit more because the puddle at the end of our driveway was bigger and more fun to ride through. At the beginning of their visit Anika wouldn't go down the road from our cabin because it had a slight downhill. (a near-fall down on a steeper hill the visit before traumatized her for hills). By the end of the weekend she was able to use her pedals to slow herself down and she biked all the way to the beach and back. Yeah!
That weekend I managed to get a girls' night out with Michelle and a few other friends of mine that were in town. Ken and I also got a couple of mountain bike rides in which was great. A fabulous weekend all around.
Anika is starting preschool this year! Yes, I know, she is growing up fast! Yikes. Her teacher came to visit us last week and this week Anika had a tour of the preschool by Teacher Pat and she got to choose her cubby that she will have for the year. It is so exciting! Anika goes next week on her own for the first time...we will let you know how that goes:)
Makenna has two teeth now!! One came in shortly after our last post. Makenna started crying/screaming unusually loud after chewing on a bit of watermelon. We thought maybe she bit too hard on the peel or something. She also had a couple nights of waking up and fussing a lot. Then, the next day I was letting her drink some water from my glass and I kept hearing tink, tink. I checked Makenna's mouth and there was her first tooth! The same thing pretty much happened just the other day and her second tooth on the bottom poked through. Makenna has also had several nights where she has slept right through! I think when her teeth aren't hurting and her eczema on the inside of her elbows are not itchy she can sleep through the night quite well. We have put cut off socks on Makenna's elbows when she is wearing a short sleeve top so that she can't scratch the inside of her elbows. Sometimes the eczema seems pretty much gone and then the next day it can be so red and itchy. We have tried several things and have talked to 3 different doctors about it but it seems pretty persistent. Too bad for Makenna. At least it is only itchy at times and not all the time.
I don't have any photos of Anika riding her bike with Sage and Sawyer. I think we just get so busy with the kids that we don't think to get the camera out. I usually think of it when everything is quiet and I see the girls looking or doing something cute. Somehow I managed to get a lot of photos again. Enjoy:)
Love Jennifer ( and Ken, Anika and Makenna) :)
OOPS - too much writing. I need to work on that. Sorry! At least I have got the photo thing worked out:)
Makenna hanging out outside. We are probably watching Anika ride her bike.
Makenna in a baby swing at the neighbours' house next door in Whistler
Makenna hanging out on the blanket watching Anika in the hammock at Whistler
Makenna trying a hammock ride with Anika. Anika LOVES the hammock. If no other kids are around she spends all her time in it:)
Makenna hanging out
Anika wading in the water at Alta Lake, Whistler
Makenna practicing standing up in Maggie and Georgia's yard next door in Whistler
Makenna standing up with a little help from me:)
Hollie pulling Trent and Anika around in the wagon.
Makenna
Anika and Makenna in the chariot on our way to Rice Lake to fish with Eric, Sarah and her brother Matt.
Ken, finishing the paddle board mystery event in the Oceanman Race
Anika hanging out in the rain waiting for Daddy to finish his race
Ken looking happy to see Anika after his race:)
Anika dressing up in her new dress and her dress up accessories
Makenna
Makenna
Makenna in her high chair. Yes, she can sit in a high chair now:)
Makenna 'hanging out' in the kitchen sink in for a bath in Whistler:)
My Auntie Debby (from Gibsons), Grandma Earwaker (from Saltspring Island) and Myself with Makenna. Makenna looks pretty relaxed with her hands up behind her head. Actually, Makenna was getting tired and that is what she often does before falling asleep. She puts one or two hands up behind her head:)
Makenna having a nap in the swing
No comments:
Post a Comment